Monday, February 22, 2010

The Music

When I think of a western movie I don't remember the gun scene, but instead i mostly remember the sounds of the iconic music playing in the background. It was funny to me after watching the BBC bio on Once Upon a Time in the West that music and western where not put together until this movie. In my generations where music goes hand in hand with movies I can't imagen a world where music didn't help set the scene of the movie. I found out through the bio that two pieces of music that I recognize as western music was composed by Ennio Morricone just for the movie. The most amazing part is that the music was composed first. I also like that the music was set on the scenes as the scene was being shot so that the the actors and actress could walk to the sound of the music, the same way most of music videos are done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment